Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Exercises 4.15 and 4.16

The following photos are illustrations I did for exercises 4.15 and 4.16:

Exercise 4.15:


I had a really difficult time doing this exercise for some reason. I'm not exactly sure why because the people drawn here came out worse than they did in exercise 4.16 and oddly I did that exercise first. So, there's definite room for improvement here.

Exercise 4.16:

 
All four of these images were drawn from a local park. I went at this exercise by "attacking" the paper, leaving behind heavy dark and sketchy lines. I used a softer pencil; which I had to force myself to use as I'm not a particular fan of the smudging they leave behind, but I feel the overall effect of these illustrations would have been wildly different (in a bad way) if I had used my typical (favorite) 2H pencil. Overall, I feel this exercise was done well and I'm happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment