Thursday, October 24, 2013

In Class Figure Drawing

The following images were done while working in class on 10/24/2013 of Beth and Stole in various positions; two smaller scale, two larger, life-size scale.


 
 
All the drawings were done within 20-25 min, resulting in quick sketch's. When I was drawing the larger images, due to the time constraint, I told myself to not think about it; just "go" and that's what I did. Some of the lines could be tweaked to make them more proportional or realistic but while working I didn't dwell on that very much.  
 
I had the same train of thought for the smaller images shown above, however since the scale was reduced significantly, I had more time to think about placement of my lines and focus more on detail than I was able to in the larger illustrations. 

While working on this in class, I had a lot of fun. Time went by quickly and I enjoyed the results. My personal favorite way to draw is messy; having such a limited time frame to capture as much as I could allowed me to feel like messy lines were in this case "okay" and that was freeing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment