Saturday, January 25, 2014

24 2x2 Box Drawings Inspired By Mumbai Board.

After completing the city board project for studio, we were tasked with drawing out 24 2x2 boxes on a 12x17 inch paper where we were suppose to focus on 4 images from the board using various drawing mediums.

Below is an image of the Mumbai board I completed for Studio:

 
 
From there, I began working on the 24 images:
 

While drawing these images I chose to use the mediums of: Pencil, Ink/Pen, Charcoal, Shading, Oil Pastels and Colored Pencils. I didn't want to focus too much on color, but I liked being able to explore it a little bit with the pastels and colored pencils.

Also, when I was drawing these images I chose to "crop" them with my eye because I felt like I wouldn't be able to fit the entire image in such a small box-and to try would end in unsatisfactory results...

Below are the actual images that I cropped to show the area that I chose to focus on when creating the 24 box drawing sheet:


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment