Sunday, January 12, 2014

Recent Crochet Pieces I've Worked On.

During the winter break from school (Dec 2013) I got back to working on my personal home craft of choice: crochet. I know, you're probably wondering why I didn't branch out and try something "new" over the winter break; but, during my last semester in school I didn't have much time to myself and by December is had been 5 months since my hands touched yarn and a crochet hook (... note: I used to crochet at some point everyday of the week before entering into the IArc program), so I was practically dying to make some new pieces with my medium of choice-yarn...

So, without further ado here are some of my recent creations:

 
 
 
The two yoda's shown above I did upon request and thought it would be interesting for me to try and integrate the robe into the stitches as well as create one separate.  
 
 
 
The duck was also a special request. I had a huge urge when creating this piece to use really odd and out of the box colors instead of the traditional colors of a duck or chick, however, the person receiving this piece specifically requested these tones; so I went with yellow and orange.
 
 
 
This piece above has to be my favorite resent creation. This too was done for someone as a request for Christmas and I had the best time putting it together. I've been a HUGE Winnie the Pooh fan since childhood and putting this together made my day (or days, as it took a few to create it ha ha). I think in the future I will try to create the whole Pooh clan for myself to keep at my desk... Or somewhere else, who knows... 



Then finally, after working on pieces for others, I made two for myself. The above was inspired by my ABOSOLUTE favorite Disney Pixar film: Ratatouille (if you haven't seen it, please give it a watch, you're truly missing out on one FANTASTIC movie). Although, my version of Remy came out a little pudgier than the original character, I'm still very happy with the outcome/result. He makes me smile each and every time I look at him.


And lastly, I created Dobby from the film franchise Harry Potter. With this creation I used a little creative license in that I changed his tunic color because I felt the forest green went nicely with the skin tone I gave him. I would've liked to have given him larger eyes, however, after searching many craft stores in the area, I was unable to find any safety eyes larger than 15 mm... Overall I think he came out rather nice.

I'm still working on a few other pieces that I was unable to complete during my break. I hope to post those up soon for my crochet show and tell. :) Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment